PRN Speech Therapist
HomeCare Maryland is looking for a part-time/PRN Speech Therapist to join our team in Harford County/Cecil County Maryland. At HomeCare Maryland we offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees.
About HomeCare Maryland: HomeCare Maryland, LLC, a LifeBridge Health Partner, is a Medicare-certified and licensed home health care provider in the state of Maryland serving Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County, Carroll County, Cecil County, and Frederick County areas. At HomeCare Maryland our committed staff provides individuals with health care and health related services in their own homes. As a result, many people can lead healthier, happier more independent lives. Our mission is to be the premiere home healthcare provider throughout Maryland. We seek to treat all of our employees, patients and others with dignity and respect and to respond to any challenges we encounter in serving our patients with the highest level of professionalism.
Summary of Position: To perform initial and ongoing patient assessments for patients with cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders.
- Develop individualized plan of care, tailored to each patient’s needs.
- Utilize standardized test to assess speech disorders.
- Determine and recommend augmentative and alternative communication means such as automated devices and sign language.
- Educate patients and caregivers to use augmentative and alternative communication.
- Teach patients how to make sounds, improve their voices, or increase their oral or written language skills to communicate more effectively.
- Teach individuals how to strengthen muscles or use compensatory strategies to swallow without choking or inhaling food or liquid.
- Maintain and update records on initial evaluation and patient progress.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Current Maryland Speech Language Pathology license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare provider.
- 2-3 years home care experience preferred.