RN Case Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinical patients following established standards and practices. Functions as primary clinical liaison between patients and physicians. This position also reports to Service Director for compliance, administrative and operational duties.
Essential Functions: Under general management of the clinical supervisor or designee
- Performs skilled nursing initial and ongoing assessment of physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients in the home setting
- Completes the admission process appropriately for skilled services per regulatory purposes and per the policies and procedures of Homecare Maryland LLC
- Determines the needs for additional skilled and unskilled services
- Confirms assessment findings with physician at the start of skilled services and regularly as needed throughout the certification period
- Facilitates communication between disciplines providing care
- Case conferences weekly with the Service Director or designee on appropriate patient care
- Manages schedule of patients effectively and independently, provides weekly written schedule with projected visits to scheduler or designee. Updates schedule appropriately and notify scheduler of availability to maintain established productivity.
- Provides supervision for home health aide and licensed practical nurses as appropriate per the policies of Homecare Maryland LLC and the Maryland regulatory agency.